There are multiple excellent features on offer that the product has. Here are the topmost functionalities of ResMed AirCurve 10 S:
Product Highlights: AirCurve BiPAP
- It has Auto Altitude Adjustment, which increases compatibility for patients while they travel to varying altitudes without having to adjust the pressure settings.
- The Built-In Humidifier, increases comfort therapy efficiency, supporting the treatment by omitting regular setbacks such as allergies and common flu.
- It is user-friendly being travel-sized and under 3lbs, adds to the ease of hassle-free change of location.
- It consists of an intuitive interface, making it simpler to direct setting and conduct RampTime, another important highlight which gradually increases oxygen levels as required.
Under other AirCurve 10 models, ResMed offers 3 full spectrum of apnea supporting devices, including AirCurve 10 S, AirCurve 10 VAuto, AirCurve 10 ASV.
Truly Multi-faceted Breathing Buddy to help you sleep like a baby!
- Vsync leak management for more comfortable therapy – Closely capturing the nature of leak, ResMed’s Vsync technology efficiently makes up for fast-changing and unreliable leaks. Thereby providing the right flow at the right time, so that patient–device synchrony is maintained. AirCurve 10 S has a leak alert that senses there is an excess mask leak present and signals an alarm.
- Enhanced Climate Control Auto – Climate Control is a distinctive technology that succors to constant and comfortable air humidity and temperature levels right at the mask. Climate Control has been fostered to make oxygen therapy more reliable considering issues such as dry mouth syndrome during therapy.
- Trigger/ Cycle & Ti Control – A unique feature of ResMed’s bilevels is TiControl, which allows you to set minimum and maximum inspiratory time checks to house individual respiratory ailments. It provides apt intercession during challenging conditions. Modifiable trigger and cycle can be used to enhance synchrony between the device and the patient’s breathing efforts.
- Integrated Heated Humidifier – Humidifiers are highly useful for treating skin dryness, as well as dryness of throat, nose, and lips. They also help in curbing the symptoms that are caused by either a common cold or flu. ResMed AirCurve 10 S BiPAP gives patients get constant, comfortable humidification right at the mask due to the integrated HumidAir system.
- As easy as breathing! – Easy-Breathe Waveform Technology is ResMed patented, pioneering technology, which is the first step to a natural breathing experience. It delivers a “waveform” pressure that simulates the patient’s breathing pattern to deliver natural therapy and to help patients become quickly compliant with the device.
- Stay in connect with your breathing! – It provides built-in Wireless Connectivity & access to the MyAir patient management platform. ResMed AirCurve 10 S BiPAP has wireless communications capability with AirView (ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system). This helps patients track therapy and cycle sensitivity. It helps sync a smart device to the AirCurve 10 S and control settings as per requirement prior to the patient’s sleep.
How does a BiPAP work?
A BiPAP machine is a non-invasive form of therapy for patients suffering from sleep apnea. The machine streams pressurized air into your airways. It is known as “positive pressure ventilation” as the machine assists in opening your lungs with this air pressure. While inhaling air, the machine blows in higher pressure and during exhalation, it blows in lower pressure, to make it easier for you to exhale.
Who needs this product?
Patients dealing with obstructive sleep apnea need a BiPAP system to conform to their needs. A BiLevel Positive Airway Pressure device delivers the advised pressure when the patient performs inhalation to supply the essential pressure to the airway. It automatically lowers the pressure upon sensing the exhalation process.
Why is using a BiPAP a more efficient solution for Central Sleep Apnea patients?
AirCurve 10 BiPAP, a reliable device with inbuilt features, considers the most productive solution for those patients who are suffering from Central Sleep Apnea. This is a medical condition where the brain is incapable of transferring the necessary signals to the body muscles that are responsible for controlling respiration.
The AirCurve 10 S senses the staggered breathing pattern of Central Sleep Apnea and repeatedly works on providing customized, convenient treatment at the advised pressure levels. This is possible with the bi-level system of the two adaptable set pressure levels.
How does AirCurve BiPAP work specifically?
AirCurve BiPAP device is much better when it comes to comfort and is user friendly, primarily as it has two pressure levels. One of them is for breathing in, and the other one is for breathing out. This permits the person to breathe out as opposed to reduced air pressure. When the process of inhalation begins, the device will routinely start delivering the air pressure that is a prescribed one for competent therapy.